Unit 7A Test Review (Due Friday March 9)
Put this on a separate sheet of notebook paper, it must be handwritten. You do not need to re-write the question, you do not need to write in complete sentences.
1. What is the full name of DNA?
2. What is the Shape of DNA?
3. When DNA is tightly wound, what do we call it?
4. What is a gene?
5. Explain the contributions of Watson and Crick.
6. What are the four different names of the nitrogen bases and how do they pair up?
7. What is the backbone of DNA made out of?
8. Draw a short strand of DNA.
9.What is the purpose of DNA Replication?
10. Where does DNA Replication happen?
11. Draw and Describe the process of DNA Replication.
12. What is Heredity?
13. What are P, F1 and F2?
14. What are Allelles?
15. Explain Genotype.
16. What are the three different Genotypes?
17. Explain Phenotype.
18. Explain Gregor Mendels Experiment with the pea plant height and explain the importance of this experiment (what did it show?)
Punnett Square Practice--Remember to put a key and put both the parents genotypes.
19. If large ears is dominant over small ears in elephants and you take two heterozygous elephants, what is the probability of getting offspring with
a. Homozygous Dominant:
c. Homozygous Recessive:
d. Large Ears:
e. Small Ears:
20. Green seeds are dominant over yellow seeds. What is the probability of getting a yellow seed if you cross a Heterozygous with a Homozygous recessive seed.
21. What are the Genotypic probabilities if you cross a Homozygous Dominant with a Homozygous Recessive.
22. Blue eyes are recessive to Brown eyes. What is the probability that a cross between a Blue eyed organism and a homozygous Brown eyed organism will result in brown eyes?
23. Spots on dalmatians are dominant to no spots. Two dogs that have spots have a litter of 15 puppies. 10 of these puppies have spots and 5 of these puppies do not have spots. Show a cross that will result in both puppies with spots and puppies without spots.
24. Who is Walter Sutton and what did he do?
25. What did he find that was true for all organisms when it comes to the production of sex cells?
26. How many chromosomes do humans have in their body cells?
27. How many chromosomes do humans have in their sex cells?
28. What is Meiosis?
29. Draw and label all of the stages of Meiosis. (Start with a cell that has four full chromosomes: 2 big, 2 little)
30. At the end of Meiosis, what do you have?
31. Be able to recognize cells in different phases of Meiosis.
32. What is Sexual Reproduction?
33. What are some disadvantages and advantages of sexual reproduction?
34. What is Asexual Reproduction?
35. What are some disadvantages and advantages of Asexual Reproduction?
36. Give an example of an organism that goes through Asexual reproduction and what it does.