- Week 1
Students will learn about color theory and how to shade with paint.
- Week 2
Students will learn how to paint reflections, use contrast to create depth, and paint highlights.
- Week 3
Painting an apple:
black, white, red, blue, yellow
1. With a pencil draw a simple outline of an apple (including the shadow).
2. Paint the apple red.
3. Add yellow and green tones to the apple.
4. Add the dark areas to your apple by mixing green and red.
5. Add the lightest areas of your apple by adding white using a dry brush.
6. Paint the shadow with a mixture of dark red, green, and white.
- Week 4
Van Gogh painting
Impressionist Landscape (see attached for project directions).
- Week 5
- Week 6
Flower paintings (see attachment for instructions)
- Week 7
Replicate a famous artists' painting of a landscape (see attached file).
- Week 8
Impressionist landscape paintings
Art history assignment
- Week 9
Fauvism art history assignment
- Week 10
- Week 11
Grant Wood group mural
- Week 12
- Week 13
Fruit still life
- Week 14
Begin sketching final project
- Week 15
- Week 16