Open allClose all
Instructions: Clicking on the section name will show / hide the section.
Week 1- Toggle
Students will learn about color theory and how to shade with paint.
Week 2- Toggle
Students will learn how to paint reflections, use contrast to create depth, and paint highlights.
Week 3- Toggle
Painting an apple:
black, white, red, blue, yellow
1. With a pencil draw a simple outline of an apple (including the shadow).
2. Paint the apple red.
3. Add yellow and green tones to the apple.
4. Add the dark areas to your apple by mixing green and red.
5. Add the lightest areas of your apple by adding white using a dry brush.
6. Paint the shadow with a mixture of dark red, green, and white.
Week 4- Toggle
Van Gogh painting
Impressionist Landscape (see attached for project directions).
Week 5- Toggle
Week 6- Toggle
Flower paintings (see attachment for instructions)
Week 7- Toggle
Replicate a famous artists' painting of a landscape (see attached file).
Week 8- Toggle
Impressionist landscape paintings
Art history assignment
Week 9- Toggle
Fauvism art history assignment
Week 10- Toggle
Week 11- Toggle
Grant Wood group mural
Week 12- Toggle
Week 13- Toggle
Fruit still life
Week 14- Toggle
Begin sketching final project
Week 15- Toggle
Week 16- Toggle